- Books For All Trust (“BFA”) is committed to the ethical collection, retention and use of information that you provide to us about yourself (“Personal Information”) on this site http://www.booksforall.in (“Site”)
- Your Personal Information may comprise the following:
- User ID and password of your choice
- Email and mailing address
- Telephone number
- Payment processing details
- Personal details
- Any other data as BFA may require
- Collection of Information
- 5.1: Site Browsing: You browse the Site anonymously. We do not require you to identify yourself or reveal any Personal Information while browsing through the Site. However, you may not be able to access certain sections of the site or interact with us without supplying us with Personal Information. For instance, you would not be able to transact at the Site or make any donations at the Site, without providing with your Personal Information. If you desire to register yourself at the Site, you would be required to provide your Personal Information.
- 5.2: While you are browsing through the Site, the Site’s operating system may automatically record some general information (“General Information”) about your visit such as:
- the date and time you visit the Site, along with the address of the previous website you were visiting, if you linked to us from another website
- the type of browser you are using (e.g. Internet Explorer version ‘X’)
- which ‘hit’ it is on the Site
- 5.3: The General Information is not Personal Information. BFA’s tracking system does not record personal information about individuals or link this information to any Personal Information collected from you.
- 5.4: The General Information is used by BFA for statistical analysis, for tracking overall traffic patterns on the Site and to gauge the public interest in BFA and the Site. Such General Information may be shared by BFA with any person, at BFA’s discretion.
- Usage of Information
- 6.1: Personal information will be used by BFA for internal purposes including the following:
- Sending you emails, features, promotional material, surveys, brochures, catalogues, BFA Annual Report, BFA-in -Action, reminders for donations, regular updates on the utilisation of donations by BFA and other updates.
- Processing your donations to BFA.
- Delivering the BFA Receipt for donations made by you to BFA.
- Maintaining an internal confidential database of all the Personal Information collected from visitors to the Site
- Evaluating and administering the Site and BFA’s activities, responding to any problems that may arise and gauging visitor trends on the Site.
- Disclosure of Personal Information by BFA
- 7.1: Within BFA, access to Personal Information collected by BFA will be given only to those persons who are authorised by BFA and third parties hired by BFA to perform administrative services. BFA will provide access to third parties for inter alia entering and managing Personal Information in BFA’s Database, processing your orders or donations preparing address labels, sending emails, which require such third parties to have access to your Personal Information. BFA cannot guarantee that such parties will keep your Personal Information confidential and BFA will not be liable in any manner for any loss of confidentiality attributable to such third parties.
- 7.2: BFA may share Personal Information with any of persons who are associated with BFA, including companies and non-governmental organisations affiliated with BFA in any manner. BFA will retain ownership rights over such information and will share only such portions of the Personal Information as it deems fit.
- 7.3: BFA is not liable in any manner whatsoever for the loss, damage(whether direct, indirect, consequential or incidental) or harm caused to you by the misuse of your Personal Information by a third party who is not an employee of BFA.
- 7.4: Notwithstanding anything contained herein or any other contract between you and BFA, BFA reserves the right to disclose any Personal Information about you without notice or consent as needed to satisfy any requirement of law, regulation, legal request or legal investigation, to conduct investigations of breaches of law, to protect the Site, to protect BFA and it’s property, to fulfil your requests, to protect our visitors and other persons and if required by the policy of BFA
- 8.1: BFA endeavors to use updated security measures to protect your Personal Information
- 8.2: however does not make any express or implied warranty with respect to the security measures that it may employ from time to time for the protection of the Personal Information.
- Links to other Websites:
- Copyright Protection
11. Copyright Protection
All content on this Site including graphics, text, icons, interfaces, audio clips, logos, images and software is the property of BFA and/or its content suppliers and is protected by Indian and international copyright laws. The arrangement and compilation of all content on this Site is the exclusive property of BFA and protected by Indian and international copyright laws. Permission is given to use the resources of this Site only for the purposes of making enquiries, making a donation. Any other use, including the reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, republication, display or performance, of the content on this Site can only be made with the permission of BFA. All other trademarks, brands and copyrights other than those belonging to BFA belong to their respective owners and are their property.
- BFA Donation Refund Policy
BFA takes the utmost care to process donations as per the instructions given by our donors, online and offline. However, in case of an unlikely event of an erroneous donation or if the donor would like to cancel his donation, BFA will respond to the donor within 15 working days of receiving a valid request for refund from the donor. The timely refund of the donation will depend upon the type of credit card/banking instrument used during the transaction. The donor will have to send BFA a written request for a refund within 3 days of making the donation to BFA’s official address or email email@example.com along with-
- Proof of the deduction of the donation amount.
- In cases where the donation receipt has already been issued to the donor, the donor will have to return the original receipt to us at our office address.
- If the tax exemption certificate is already issued, then we are sorry but we will not be able to refund the donation. However, in case of a valid refund request due to any error on BFA’s part, BFA will refund the donation.
- International donations will need minimum 15 days for the refund process.